Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Notice to Canada Land Surveyors - Notice 2006-02
Amendments to the General Instructions for the Survey of Canada Lands, e-Edition Surveys in Yukon Chapter C3 and Mineral Claim Surveys in Yukon Chapter D9 Coming in force: August 1, 2006
I am pleased to enact, effective August 1, 2006, new General
Instructions for Surveys in Yukon and Mineral Claim Surveys in Yukon.
A copy of the new instructions is available at:
Surveys in Yukon
Mineral Claim Surveys in Yukon
These standards were developed through a consultative process with
stakeholders, including the Association of Canada Lands Surveyors.
In general, the amendments to chapter C3 provide for:
- New legislation affecting surveys in Yukon;
- Transfer of the administration and control of most federal public lands to the Commissioner of Yukon;
- The types of land in Yukon following the Yukon devolution;
- Links to Orders in Council listing parcels of Federal Lands and the administering departments;
- The transfer of the administration and control of oil and gas resources to the Commissioner of Yukon; and
- Land descriptions of oil and gas dispositions based on the NAD83 (CSRS) geographical grid system.
This new Chapter D9 replaces existing chapters D9-1 and D9-2. The
section dealing with "Surveys of Claims Staked under the Yukon Quartz
Mining Act" in Chapter D8 is repealed.
Chapter D9 provides for new legislation and policies affecting mineral claim surveys in Yukon. The standards throughout the Chapter have been completely updated since its first publication in 1981.
Copy - Original signedPeter Sullivan
Surveyor General and Director,
Canada Center for Cadastral Management
Natural Resources Canada
Edmonton, Alberta July 14, 2006