Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Notice to Canada Land Surveyors - Notice 2004-01
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SURVEYS OF CANADA LANDS, E-EDITION
Effective: April 1, 2004
This is to remind you that the General Instructions for Surveys of Canada Lands, e-Edition come in force April 1, 2004.
The e-Edition replaces the Manual of Instructions for the Survey of Canada Lands, 3rd Edition including its amendments to date. Please visit our Web site at:
The principal amendments made to the Third Edition are:
- Part A of the third Edition is replaced by links to Federal and Territorial legislation Web sites thus providing electronic access to the most current legislative requirements;
- Chapter D6 - Oil and Gas Surveys in Indian Reserves - Amended April 1, 2004;
- Chapter B1-2 - Interdepartmental Agreement with the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development re Land Transactions on Reserve Lands - Amended in 2003 and 2004;
- Chapter B2-1 - Intergovernmental Agreement with British Columbia Respecting Legal Surveys of Highways Through Indian Reserves and Sechelt Lands and Lands Being Transferred to Canada - Amended in 2003; and
- Chapter D5 - Registration and Land Use Area Plans - Amended in 1998
This Web site also includes an historical section that provides access to instructions of the Surveyor General as published from 1871 to March 31, 2004. All editions are available on-line to view or download, free of charge.
We encourage you to access the general instructions of the Surveyor General of Canada Lands through this site.
We invite your comments, which are essential for the constant improvement of this new edition.
Copy - original signed byMichael J. O'Sullivan, CLS, OLS,
Surveyor General of Canada Lands,
Director, Legal Surveys Division, Geomatics Canada,
Natural Resources Canada
Ottawa, Ontario March 26, 2004